Jeff has nearly two decades of investment management experience and is the founder of Wellington Square1. He specializes in fixed income and credit, with a focus on senior loans, high-yield bonds and investment grade corporate bonds.
Prior to Wellington Square, Jeff was Senior Vice-President, Investments and Portfolio Manager at iA Clarington. He was previously lead portfolio manager for the fixed-income and credit mandates of a boutique Canadian investment firm, where he created the firm’s senior loan business. He has also managed institutional funds, investing in mezzanine loans and private equity on behalf of some of Canada’s largest pension plans.
Jeff is a Chartered Investment Manager and Chartered Professional Accountant. He holds an HBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business at the University of Western Ontario.
1Wellington Square refers to Wellington Square Capital Partners Inc. (sub-advisor) and Wellington Square Advisors Inc. (sub-sub advisor).
Jeff is recognized for his experience and skilled analysis of credit risk. His goal is to build high-conviction portfolios that capture attractive income streams while minimizing risk and exposure to economic and market conditions. Jeff's approach involves identifying companies with a long history of generating sustainable and predictable cash flows and assessing not only price and yield, but also the strength of credit agreements and structure.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés
- Opportunities in Fixed IncomeOpportunities in Fixed Income Webcasts | Apr. 6, 20216 Apr 2021
- Alpha Opportunities in the Fixed Income MarketsAlpha Opportunities in the Fixed Income Markets Webcasts | Jan. 12, 202112 Jan 2021
- 2021 Market Outlook Reports | Dec. 17, 202017 Dec 2020
- U.S. Presidential Election AnalysisU.S. Presidential Election Analysis Reports | Nov. 2, 20202 Nov 2020
- Webcast: Update on IA Clarington Core Plus Bond Fund Webcasts | Sep. 11, 202011 Sep 2020