David W. Rolley
David Rolley is a Vice-President, Portfolio Manager and Co-Team Leader of the Global Fixed Income Group and Emerging Market Debt Group at Loomis Sayles. David has over 35 years of investment industry experience and is Co-Portfolio Manager for IA Clarington Loomis Global Allocation Fund. Prior to joining Loomis Sayles in 1994, he was a Principal and Director of International Capital Market Research at DRI/McGraw-Hill. His responsibilities included international interest rate and currency forecasting, and risk management consulting. David was also Corporate Vice-President and Senior U.S. Economist for the Institutional Equity Group at Drexel Burnham Lambert, and Chief Financial Economist at Chase Econometrics. David earned a BA from Occidental College and studied postgraduate economics at the University of Pennsylvania. He is a past president of the Boston Association of Business Economists.
David uses a bottom-up asset allocation process to invest across multiple asset classes, sectors, regions, countries and currencies. His goal is to build a concentrated, high-conviction portfolio that generates strong total returns over the long-term while managing exposure to potential downside risk.
Our investment process
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés
- 2021 Market Outlook Reports | Dec. 17, 202017 Dec 2020
- Capturing Alpha Since 1926Capturing Alpha Since 1926 Reports | Nov. 5, 20205 Nov 2020
- 2020 Mid-Year Review Reports | Aug. 6, 20206 Aug 2020
- Webcast replay: Insights on coronavirus & volatility with David Rolley Webcasts | May. 7, 20207 May 2020
- Conference call replay: Insights on coronavirus & volatility with David Rolley Conference calls | Mar. 26, 202026 Mar 2020