Portfolio manager Jeff Sujitno discusses recent performance of the IA Clarington Core Plus Bond Fund; how he has recalibrated the portfolio to capture future upside potential; and why he expects capital gains from spread compression.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Wellington Square ｜Sep 11, 202011 Sep 2020
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Various ｜Aug 6, 20206 Aug 2020
Learn how our active managers recalibrated their expectations and positioning in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, and where they’re seeing opportunity and risk as markets and economies across the globe make continued progress towards recovery.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Industrial Alliance Investment Management ｜Jul 20, 202020 Jul 2020
Portfolio managers Clément Gignac and Alexandre Morin walk us through the features and benefits of the IA Wealth Core Bond Pool and the all-new IA Wealth Enhanced Bond Pool.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Loomis Sayles ｜Jul 20, 202020 Jul 2020
Portfolio manager Brian P. Kennedy discusses the features and benefits of the newly launched IA Clarington Loomis Global Multisector Bond Fund.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Industrial Alliance Investment Management ｜Jun 10, 202010 Jun 2020
An analysis of the factors driving the recent market rally. Sébastien also discusses why he’s cautious on risk assets over the short term, but bullish for the 6–12 month period.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Wellington Square ｜Jun 1, 20201 Jun 2020
Jeff Sujitno discusses recent performance and explains how he’s positioning for emerging opportunities.
- The fund continues to offer an attractive level of current income and capital gains potential.
- We’ve recalibrated the portfolio to capture upside from spread compression.
- Central bank support programs should provide a “floor” on future sell-offs.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Wellington Square ｜May 29, 202029 May 2020
In this wide-ranging webcast, portfolio manager Jeff Sujitno discusses:
- Why the senior loan asset class remains attractive.
- Why his conservative, risk-conscious approach to credit selection is critical in all market environments, but particularly during challenging times.
- The attractive capital gains potential of the IA Clarington Floating Rate Income Fund
- The flexibility his current cash allocation provides for capitalizing on emerging opportunities.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Clément Gignac ｜May 20, 202020 May 2020
Clément discusses the economy and markets and provides an update on the iA Wealth Managed Portfolios.
- We expect a V-shaped recovery for the equity market and manufacturing sector, and a U-shaped recovery for the services sector.
- We expect the earnings decline to be greater than expected by the market.
- Increased tensions between the U.S. and China are a potential risk factor that we are watching closely.