An analysis of the factors driving the recent market rally. Sébastien also discusses why he’s cautious on risk assets over the short term, but bullish for the 6–12 month period.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Industrial Alliance Investment Management ｜Jun 10, 202010 Jun 2020
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Wellington Square ｜Jun 1, 20201 Jun 2020
Jeff Sujitno discusses recent performance and explains how he’s positioning for emerging opportunities.
- The fund continues to offer an attractive level of current income and capital gains potential.
- We’ve recalibrated the portfolio to capture upside from spread compression.
- Central bank support programs should provide a “floor” on future sell-offs.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Wellington Square ｜May 29, 202029 May 2020
In this wide-ranging webcast, portfolio manager Jeff Sujitno discusses:
- Why the senior loan asset class remains attractive.
- Why his conservative, risk-conscious approach to credit selection is critical in all market environments, but particularly during challenging times.
- The attractive capital gains potential of the IA Clarington Floating Rate Income Fund
- The flexibility his current cash allocation provides for capitalizing on emerging opportunities.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Clément Gignac ｜May 20, 202020 May 2020
Clément discusses the economy and markets and provides an update on the iA Wealth Managed Portfolios.
- We expect a V-shaped recovery for the equity market and manufacturing sector, and a U-shaped recovery for the services sector.
- We expect the earnings decline to be greater than expected by the market.
- Increased tensions between the U.S. and China are a potential risk factor that we are watching closely.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜David Rolley ｜May 7, 20207 May 2020
David discusses the global fixed-income landscape, fund positioning and his expectations for the anticipated recovery.
- We are positioning to take advantage of opportunities arising from the crisis.
- We believe an active approach is critical to navigating major market dislocations.
- Inflation is unlikely to spike, despite unprecedented monetary stimulus.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Dan Bastasic ｜Apr 30, 202030 Apr 2020
Dan discusses the equity and high-yield markets, fund positioning and the central bank response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- We remain cautious but are adding to the portfolios as opportunities arise.
- We expect the recovery to look different for different areas of the economy.
- The flexibility within our mandates enables us to be very nimble as we navigate this crisis and positon for the anticipated recovery.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Clément Gignac ｜Apr 13, 202013 Apr 2020
A wide-ranging commentary on medium-term opportunities, areas of the market to avoid, and expectations on the nature and timing of the anticipated economic recovery.
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés ｜Lee Rosenbaum ｜Apr 9, 20209 Apr 2020
Lee Rosenbaum, Vice-President & Portfolio Manager, Loomis, Sayles & Company, L.P. discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the global equity markets and provided an update on fund positioning.
- Our technology and health care holdings are especially well positioned for post-crisis opportunities.
- We’re also finding opportunities in financial technology, auto parts, housing and internet infrastructure oversight.
- The COVID-19 crisis will likely lead to a reassessment of potential supply chain vulnerabilities.