Dan Bastasic joined iA Clarington in 2011 and is the lead portfolio manager for the IA Clarington Strategic Funds and IA Clarington Tactical Income Class. He specializes in equity income, high-yield corporate bonds and investment grade corporate bonds.
Dan has over 20 years of investment experience. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce (finance) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Windsor, and the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. He is a member of the CFA Society Toronto.
Dan aims to provide investors with stable income options. He uses a value-oriented, bottom-up approach for both equities and fixed income and constantly monitors and fine tunes his portfolios by maintaining a 12-month strategic outlook on the markets.
Key features of Dan’s approach:
- Focus on absolute returns
- High-conviction, value-based security selection
- Fundamental-driven valuation and quantitative analysis
- Macro analysis of systemic risks and opportunities
- Risk management through diversification and currency management
Dan's investment philosophy
Market insightsLe point sur les marchés
- 2021 Mid-Year Review2021 Mid-Year Review Reports | Aug. 5, 20215 Aug 2021
- Update on the IA Clarington Strategic FundsUpdate on the IA Clarington Strategic Funds Webcasts | May. 20, 202120 May 2021
- Opportunities in Equities and Fixed Income Webcasts | Feb. 10, 202110 Feb 2021
- 2021 Market Outlook Reports | Dec. 17, 202017 Dec 2020
- Post-election Portfolio Manager AnalysisPost-election Portfolio Manager Analysis Reports | Nov. 6, 20206 Nov 2020